Thread: StaxRip
View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2016, 01:54   #1012  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
and should 16bit x265 work with this way?
in the x265 dialog is a search field to find options, paste --output-depth there, it will highlight what you are looking for

@all

I would like point out that I've reset all settings because the old settings were not compatible with new code. Typically I rewrite all code that relates to fixes and features I currently work on if I think it can be improved in some way, overall it improves the quality of the code but sometimes can cause problems like regressions or incompatible settings. What was causing the settings becoming incompatible was that I used regex to find all properties that can be written as much shorter auto properties. I know it's tedious for users with many settings, what can help a bit is knowing how StaxRip manages settings (can also be found in the wiki):

Quote:
When StaxRip finds no settings on startup it shows a dialog asking for a location.

Different StaxRip locations/instances/versions use individual settings, whenever StaxRip starts from a new location it will ask for a settings folder to use for this location.

The current settings location can be found at Tools > Directories > Settings
build from today:

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/wiki/Test-Build
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote