Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2017, 12:02   #3565  |  Link
fenarinarsa

AddAutoLoadDir behavior changed

Hello everyone,

Since AVS+ 2502 the AddAutoLoadDir behavior changed.

Before this version, I could add 32bits and 64 bits DLLs (in two different folders) and AviSynth would load the correct ones depending on the environment it's working on. Because I currently must use an old x86 software and ffmpeg x64 at the same time from the same script.

Now it fires an error (cannot load DLL...) and stops there.

That a real issue for me since I generate an AVS+ script that should work in 32bits *and* 64bits and that I don't use the AVS+ default plugins dir (we have in-house developments).

In other word, this change in behavior breaks everything that was working quite well until now

I looked for a way of having conditionnal loading, but I couldn't find a variable that returns the current environment. Another way would be to add an optional argument to AddAutoLoadDir like "errors=false".

Am I missing something there ?

BTW I'm the technical director of a cable/DSL French TV channel and we've been using AviSynth and AVS+ for 9 years to generate our on-air & VOD/catch-up video graphics
I must say you're doing an awesome work. Last year I was thinking about ditching AVS because we had a lot of issues relating to memory management, HD, ffmpeg and QuickTime, but AVS+ saved it
demo => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbHMMxTcgec