View Single Post
Old 28th October 2016, 14:47   #25120  |  Link
Peter_A

Apologies, if these questions have been asked and answered already...

When importing an MKV file and outputting to BD, does BD Rebuilder always re-encode the video stream, or does it only do so if the input stream is non-compliant in some way? I ask, because I have an MKV file that when I convert to BD using tsMuxer, I have issues playing on a standalone player. If I import the same MKV file into BD Rebuilder and convert to BD, I see that BD Rebuilder re-encodes the video (not due to size, since it's much smaller than the chosen output size). So, I'm curious if BD Rebuilder was able to tell that the video was non-compliant in some way or if it just always re-encodes.

Another question, which may be off-topic, but is there an easy way to tell if the video stream in an MKV file is BD-compliant? I've converted many MKVs to BD, without issue, simply using tsMuxer, but I've had issues with a handful of them and am unsure how to tell ahead of time which will be the problem ones. I've viewed the details in MediaInfo, but I'm not sure what the offending properties are (or if they'd show up there at all). They are all 1920x1080(p) and have profile 4.1.

Thanks in advance, for any help that can be provided.
Peter_A is offline   Reply With Quote