View Single Post
Old 1st July 2008, 03:56   #30  |  Link
nitricpyro

Update

So here is the verdict...

I have reinstalled everything (that belongs on my computer NOT everything I have for ripping etc.)

In terms of video encoding....
Doing a clean install of only, RipIt4Me (which includes DVD Decrypter and FixVTS) DVDFab 5 and MPEG Mediator 1.5 and then the DivX 6 codec. I was able to produce a poor quality DivX encoded video of "Becoming Jane." SOME of my problems were coming from other programs or installed codecs that were interfering with the processes of MPEG Mediator 1.5.

Now let me explain... the video was indeed perfectly in sync. I'm impressed. However, Mediator doesn't do a very good job of producing the Superior Quality DivX encoded films that i'm looking for. The inability of the program to do multi-passes, the "Joggy" pictures stream, and the lack of features leaves a bit to be desired.

I don't like MPEG Mediator, I'm looking for something better. You might recall that I originally got the movie to work, albeit with 1:42 blank at the beginning, and 2 hours blank at the end, but the part in the middle was "joggy" when playing (and trust me not because of my system, My Media center PC is a bit old, but this machine that I'm testing this stuff on is a Core2 Quad with 2 Gigs Ram (for work).) which can only mean Mediator encoded poorly.

Now as for my other questions posted. I'm here looking to learn, not simply to figure out a single issue and then sit idle waiting for another issue to arise. This entire week I've been working on numerous movies, with numerous issues. Perhaps 20 different encodings in the past 4 days alone from movies ranging from 1982 to 2007 with different issues than this specific film. I'm trying to understand the whole process, the ability of these programs as well as the underlying principles, current copy protection schemes, the "masters" methods etc. I ask specific questions for specific reasons, I'm looking for specific answers.

... Pulldown Flags... thats the stuff I'm looking for.
nitricpyro is offline   Reply With Quote