View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 02:20   #15107  |  Link
Scorpio1

Temps not the problem

First of all thanks to all who replied saying that temperature was probably the reason that my PC suddenly shuts down without warning.

4 problems with this theory.:-

1) It's watercooled and never goes above 38 c even under full load.

2) If I install XP instead of 7 it doesn't crash at all, works a charm. Put Win 7 on it and I am back to the turning off about 20 minutes in. BUT ONLY if I install WIN XP using fat32, ntfs creates the same behaviour.

3) I can play games that will push the CPU and GPU to their limits and the PC will behave impeccably, sometimes for many hours at a time.

4) The PC didn't exhibit this behaviour with v 3907 installed. I am fairly certain if I was able to go back to 3907, the problem would disappear.

Oh and I am NOT overclocking the CPU and memory are stock timings and voltage and at the moment the ONLY programs installed are BdRebuilder, Haali. AVI Synth and Matroska.

Very frustrating, PC is monitored and logged and temp never goes above 38 c, but this bizzare behaviour continues, it did not happen with 3907 though. The only way to be sure is to go back to 3907, which is why I asked if it was possible to stop 3907 telling me it has been superceeded.

Last edited by Scorpio1; 17th May 2012 at 02:26.
Scorpio1 is offline   Reply With Quote