View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2012, 00:09   #15519  |  Link
nozuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If you are doing a full backup, then you don't have to worry about any of it... because the structure will transfer over and work the same. A movie-only uses only one MPLS anyway, so all you have to do is select it.

As for "blanking" or removing the other playlists -- you couldn't "blank" or "remove" any of them anyway -- because they contain pointers to the exact same video that is in the true playback, they are just referenced out of order. I guess if they are unreferenced you could simply dump the MPLS or ignore it -- but in the end you would have the same thing as a full backup anyway.

Removing this kind of stuff accomplishes nothing -- you save no space (because they are referenced elsewhere), you take the chance of screwing up the internal functioning and menuing system, and in the end you get about the same thing as a full backup would have done with a single click. It's like going around the world to get to the other side of the street -- sure it works, but why would you choose that option?
I actual tried the full backup first with this movie. It completed without any errors, but the disk will not play in any blue ray player I have, or on the computer. I read on other boards that other people were having this issue with Hunger Games. I just made a movie only backup and it worked fine. Entire disk gave me a headache...
nozuul is offline   Reply With Quote