View Single Post
Old 4th November 2016, 05:17   #10  |  Link
johnmeyer

I think I understand what you want. It sounds like you want something a little like the old XTree or, going back even further to the '80s, Magellan. These were programs that gave you what is now called an Explorer view, but the right pane would give you a preview of the file. What you are looking for is something that, when you press the arrow key in the left pane to select the next file, the right pane will give you the same information as Mediainfo, but will also let you preview the video. If that preview is corrupt, you can delete the file.

If I have correctly stated your goal, while I don't have a specific program to recommend, you might want to research "Windows File Managers." I use one called FileBoss which I really like. However, it does not have a preview capability. Perhaps someone else can suggest one that does, and it may let you preview the video capabilities.

BTW, in case you didn't know, you can right-click on any column heading in Windows Explorer and you will find a huge number of additional columns that you can add. I'm on an old XP computer right now, so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure that in Windows 7/8/10 there are a lot more options and you may be able to get some video metadata listed in Explorer.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote