View Single Post
Old 16th May 2021, 16:23   #23  |  Link
Dogway

Sorry if it sounded like that, I wasn't talking about any particular plugin but my own code. Why would I limit myself to what others have done? If I'm not bringing anything new to the table there's no meaning in the project. As I noted above, new color spaces, new algos, range conversion, and so on. I have used zimg library before through ImageMagick and it's a great tool, I simply don't like how it has been presented as avs+ plugin.

About the precision:
You can use ConvertBits() to use any precision on your chain, I find this a feature and not a detriment, you can see how precision makes a difference for color space conversions.
RGB will turn into RGBP16 for ConvertBits(16), which is 16-bit integer, "is it the same as float?" NO, but that's the point of the project, it scales with improvements on the avs+ side (looking forward to 16 half float). Meanwhile I'm currently working on 32-bit float support.

I'm in the process of updating a bunch of scripts to replace masktools2 to Expr() (check my Github), and the same principle applies, any performance improvement over Expr() will automatically translate into the scripts running faster. Currently the only hindrance is convolutions (mt_edge, mt_xxpand, etc), there aren't fast alternatives for avs+ like in VS and thus it presents the bottleneck of most scripts.

Last edited by Dogway; 16th May 2021 at 17:31.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote