View Single Post
Old 31st July 2017, 06:50   #317  |  Link
Manni

Hi Asmodian,

Great thread, thanks for this work.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I just got a 1080 TI (EVGA cs2) like yourself so I'm going to take a look at your settings.bin. I'm coming from an AMD HD7870 and all my settings were optimized for a much less powerful AMD GPU. Do you have a profile for 3D in your settings?

2) One thing I'm not sure about, I set LAV HW acceleration to none because my understanding is that in that case MadVR is handling everything, not using the GPU h/w acceleration. For a max quality result, is it what I should use, or is there no drawback using DXVA2 copyback?

3) I'm abroad at the moment and had issues when I first tested with 3D (using mk3D files made with makemkv from my 3D Blurays). AMD handles 3D automatically while nVidia needs to enable 3D in the OS. I don't want 3D on al the time, especially when playing 2D video, so what's the right combination to use in the nVidia control panel settings and in MadVR to get 3D enabled automatically when playing 3D, and disabled afterwards? I tried the option to restore the OS setting but the switch back and forth in and out of 3D wasn't working 100% of the time.

In case it matters I set the resolution to UHD to upscale 2D blurays, but not 3D blurays. My display is a JVC rs500 projector. I play most of my UHD Bluray / HDR content with my Pana UB900, so will play with HDR when the nVidia HDR bug in FSE will be fixed (as we need FSE for 10bits, the JVC supports 12bits from the input to the panels).

Until we can get legt UHD Bluray content onto HTPC, my main use of MadVR is 2D/3D bluray playback (film mostly).

Thanks!
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote