View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 14:31   #16  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

It's not me who wants that. It's the author of the VideoHelp forum thread. And he believes he wants to use a video editor to import a whole movie, which can read MPEG-PS (maybe including the VOB extensions).

I just wanted to know (academically) if it can be achieved with PGCDemux alone, at all. And from my experience, it's only possible if the PGC has only one VOB ID. If it has more than one, PGCDemux alone is not sufficient, you have to either concatenate parts, or use a different PGC-VOB extractor.

A continuous PGC-VOB file is not even that silly. Neither FFMS2 nor L-SMASH Works are able to handle a set of VOB segments (well, for both of them, extracting a continuous raw M2V video stream would work as well); and a VobSub extractor like VSRip works with a continuous PGC-VOB just as good as with a segmented VTS. When I ripped DVD's years ago, I preferred to demultiplex audio streams via "Stream processing", but extract video stream and subtitle streams together as PCG-VOB while reading from the optical DVD disc, then extracted VobSubs from this PGC-VOB with matching reduced IFO generated by the ripper.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote