View Single Post
Old 13th October 2017, 19:28   #46520  |  Link
Q-the-STORM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Have you tried rebooting your OS? Is the custom mode still available after the reboot?
The Custom Mode is still active after reboot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinminton View Post
When madvr switches to 4k@23, does it also set 10bit? I have tried looking into all my tv/avr settings and can't find anything that can confirm bitdepth and color format unfortunately.
Go to the nvidia control panel and simply check if Output color depth is set to 10/12 bit...

If I remember correctly, madVR should switch to 10/12bit if you switch to it manually once... I could be wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinminton View Post
I also have a file with 4k@60, 4:2:0, 10 bit HDR. Yes its a 60hz UHD. This one really confuses me since i know rgb 4k@60 10 bit wont work over hdmi. So somewhere its either getting converted to 8 bit or a lower chroma? It plays fine and looks very good to my eyes, but I 'need' to know if some unnecessary conversion is getting done somewhere. Madvr OSD says P010, 10-bit, 4:2:0 but I am not sure if that's what the GPU is finally passing to the panel?
HDMI 2.0 supports up to 4K 60Hz 4:2:2 12bit, so set that if you are playing that file... also there's a 99% chance that your file is a test video, there probably will be one movie in 4K 60fps in the next 10 years, so you really shouldn't worry about 60Hz now...

Last edited by Q-the-STORM; 13th October 2017 at 19:40.
Q-the-STORM is offline   Reply With Quote