View Single Post
Old 15th February 2018, 11:02   #16  |  Link
Heaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
Of course it wouldn't work with >8bit, you're not using AviSynth+. x265 doesn't support inputting the Stacked/DoubleWidth hack formats and reconstituting them into high bit depth. There was never a patch for that (the one for x264 to allow that was implemented in the avs input module; x265 doesn't have a dedicated avs input), and AviSynth+ made such a patch irrelevant anyway.

And that build doesn't output MKV, since that's just a normal build from the main project's development tip, and there is no containered output support in the main project's bitbucket repo (Yuuki-Asuna supports both MKV and MP4 output). You're outputting raw .hevc with an incorrect extension.
Never even knew AVS+ had such a feature, been using AVS 2.6 without trying out the alternatives so far due to not wanting to go hunting for plugins all over again. I will give it a look sometime in the future.

For the incorrect extension on the encode, I guess that explains why previewing the output on a media player had broken seeking, ha ha! It never gave me an issue outside of that since the video had to be muxed together with audio post encode. Going to fix the mislabel anyhow for the sake of correctness.
Heaud is offline   Reply With Quote