View Single Post
Old 16th December 2016, 17:54   #41547  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oguignant View Post
Disabling everything, the render time goes up by 3 or 4 ms (29 ms max total render time for 2k to 4k with NGU Very high), it's fine for me.
How do you use it? everything disabled too? My gtx 1080 g1 cries!
I run with everything disabled. If you use subtitles enabling "optimize subtitle quality for performance instead of quality" can have a noticeable impact on performance without a significant hit to subtitle quality, but that is the only one I could imagine using with a GTX 1080.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oguignant View Post
Quick questiin about dithering...

On 10-bit tv screens with full screen D3D11 exclusive mode is better without dithering? Or is it always better to use ordered dithering?
I know this was already answered but I will do a little rant here too.
Never disable dithering! Anyone who recommends disabling dithering, when using 10-bit output or not, should then be ignored for all other madVR/video playback advice because they obviously don't know what they are talking about.

As CarlosCaco said you are simply losing information with dithering disabled. Ordered dithering, or even random if you want to eliminate the performance hit as much as possible, but never disabled. Disabled is only for testing.