View Single Post
Old 4th April 2011, 10:51   #148  |  Link
Ghitulescu

It's always nice to talk about quality when this is a nice and vague notion. Yet, when it's standardized, oops, yeah, sure, well, you know, that's good for me...
The only way to asses the quality is described. And it's an ON/OFF issue (compliant/not compliant). Do you have the possibility to compare at home the quality of your HiFi-chain with that of the neighbor's? Which one is louder probably yes, you could, although not immediately evident.

The OP could use any of the SW indicated and any of the HW he has, but the results are not quality as it is defined, they are just numbers. And based on his experience he may say whether this numbers mean something or not, whether the value of 1000 or that of 300 or the one of 20 do really mean something (plays everywhere in the world, plays on his own DVDplayer, can be read only by his LG drive).

That nero gives 100% quality for a disc, that doesn't automatically that it would be played everywhere, as I said, I had once that DL with some 1300 PIs, yet it was played flawlessly (perfect reading curve) on the PC, yet had problems with a standalone. No wonder.