View Single Post
Old 17th January 2020, 07:30   #3304  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ml422 View Post
Well, one thing for sure is that the menu is bleeding into the picture. I just opened Olympus Has Fallen which was made with the Red background Menu and it bleeds through the picture and characters.
I went through your log files, and I could no see any problems.

"Menu bleeding into the picture" is not possible technically (unless some Voodoo is going on inside your computer). The encoder (FFmpeg in your case) has no knowledge whatsoever about the menu you have created. Could it be that your subtitles have a funny color which shines through even in sections without subtitles? Try to make an encode with subs disabled.

For your encoder settings you are using CBR mode at the highest possible bitrate of 8500 kbps. This should give you a good quality encode, but for even better quality you can try to use HCenc 2-pass VBR mode instead.

This "Menu bleeding through" thing is something nobody else has ever experienced, so I will believe it when I see it. Upload a short section of an encode which shows the issue together with the same section cut out from the source file...

Last edited by manolito; 17th January 2020 at 09:28.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote