madVR v0.91.10 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* improved Windows 10 HDR metadata support
* added new option "hack Direct3D to make 24.000Hz and 60.000Hz work"
* performance improvement with "trust DXVA" + "use D3D11 for presentation"
* fixed: Intel GPU driver flickering bug with "use D3D11 for presentation"
* fixed: madVR(64).ax files were larger than necessary
* Intel: 10bit DXVA surfaces are now converted to 10bit RGB (instead of 8bit)
1) I hope switching your display into HDR mode works now? Currently only NVidia and AMD drivers support this, Intel not yet.

2) There was a long standing bug with Intel GPUs where activating the "use D3D11 for presentation" option could result in video frames jumping back and forth. I was finally able to reproduce the bug on my new Kaby Lake test PC. It turned out to be a GPU driver bug (as usual). I've found a workaround, so the problem should hopefully be fixed now.

3) I've had a hack in madVR which hooked deep into D3D9 and D3D11 to make sure that 24.000Hz and 60.000Hz display modes were correctly used in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. However, I've found that this hack can sometimes lead to presentation queues not filling properly. So this hack is now optional (and disabled by default). Without the hack, you will probably always get 23.976Hz and 59.940Hz, even if you want 24.000Hz and 60.000Hz. With the hack, you will probably get proper refresh rates, but may run into issues with the presentation queue not filling. Pick your poison...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote