View Single Post
Old 13th March 2014, 21:42   #19559  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
In edit mode, if I right-click on one VID and choosing "preview this item" BD-RB starts a "extracting A/V streams" process taking several minutes like it used to execute right before encoding the streams. I have found this "issue" with just a few VIDs on the extra disc of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. It wouldn' t be a problem for me, but when BD-RB had started encoding these streams it got stuck and seemed to be running an infinite encoding process showing that the source video is 1 frame long and that the encoded frame number kept raising upto as far as infinite

If someone has any idea, please help.

Thank you!
It was likely an interlaced VC-1 file and you are using DirectshowSource(). Normally the viewer will simply open the M2TS directly and play back the source. But there are some VC-1 sources that DirectshowSource() can't handle directly from within an M2TS. In that case the only way to view them is to extract them, create an MKV, and play the MKV.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it isn't a bug, it's a feature. The only other alternative is to say "I can't view this". So it's an annoying feature -- but one that is necessary.

As for the encoding issue -- I'd have to know more. How long did you let it run? What mode was it in? Have you tried more than one mode (DirectshowSource & LAVF)?

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th March 2014 at 21:45.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote