View Single Post
Old 9th July 2016, 16:51   #2965  |  Link
manolito

@MrC

Quick question for the developer:
What is the safest way to detect if FFmpeg is used for muxing?

A2D now uses FFmpeg for so many tasks, it is hard to keep track of all the possible parameters.

Right now I just check for the "-f vob" parameter in the command line in the hope that this parameter is only used for muxing. But I am not 100% sure if this is true (or if this could change in the future).

I see two other possibilities. First I can check for the "+genpts" parameter, and second I can check if the input parameter "-i" is used more than once. I believe that A2D only issues FFmpeg command lines with just 1 input file, with the only exception when muxing is requested.

I already tested the last possibiliy, so far I could not break it. What do you think?

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
Alright, I just went ahead and modified the plugin so it now detects if more than two input files are specified in the command line. Seems to be the safest way to me...

I also revamped the forced VBR modes. The forced modes for 1-pass and 2-pass VBR modes now include HQ modes, and these modes will now override any HQ settings made in AVStoDVD itself.

Example:
In the AVStoDVD preferences the user has specified to use FFmpeg in HQ mode. If in the plugin settings (ff_vbr.ini) a VBR mode with normal quality is forced (value=1) then the HQ setting made in the A2D preferences will be ignored. Seems more logical to me...

Download link in the previous post, please redownload...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 10th July 2016 at 20:36.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote