View Single Post
Old 14th March 2019, 04:18   #599  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I also wish you would not promote your settings here, they are so much in the wrong direction from what I think is good practice they almost seem like a parody.

They also seem like settings made by someone very new to quality video on PC and madVR. I see these overprocessed videos a lot and find it depressing.

If you like it fine, you can use your settings, but expect pushback if you promote them. I am just expressing my opinion too. I don't want doom9 promoting bad newb madVR settings as great after all.
Look, I appreciate your settings Asmodian. They are just not for me. I have explained the purpose of my settings many times now.
You liken my settings to a parody? There is a flip side to that coin. And that is that I can say the exact same thing about your settings.

Think about it like this. Do most people who play video games like a pixelated image or a smooth looking image?
This is the same thing if you think about it. I don't think most people would prefer a pixelated image.
The hardcore 'true content looking material lovers' that seem to overrepresent this section of this forum yes, but not most people I don't think so.
The other thing is, what you and some people say about the settings are nothing but loose statements such as 'well that doesn't look good' or 'no your settings are wrong'. No one ever provided a resonable explanation as to WHY smoothing of the picture must be so bad.
To me it's great because it removes the pixelated areas in the image creating a 'looking out window effect'. You can not achieve this with a pixelated image, you will see the pixels. Do you get this argument at all?