View Single Post
Old 21st April 2019, 00:07   #495  |  Link
sheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarofski View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'm kina used to MKVCleaver so I'd rather try to fix it.

Following my question, I found out that it's due to my "custom filename".
If I delete it everything works fine, but as soon as I customize the filename, I get that error.

I use this line:

[Filename]<_Track[Track#]<_[LNG3]<

There is no problem in verification and I'm able to save it without any problem. But then I get that error!

Any tips?
This will work much better:

[Filename]_Track>[Track#]_>[LNG3]

Here's the break down:

[Filename] will always be converted so there is no need to assign a separator to it.

Then _Track[Track#] will be 01 for the first track in a mkv file. We tell MKVCleaver that _Track separator belongs to [Track#] placeholder by placing > next to the placeholder. So if there is ever a case where [Track#] returns null then the placeholder itself and the separator belonging to it will be removed from the filename. Same case with [LNG3].

So let's assume we have 2 mkv files and we want to extract audio tracks from both where 1 file has the track marked as English and the second doesn't define the language at all.

File 1 - MyFile1.mkv
File 2 - MyFile2.mkv

File 1 output: MyFile1_Track02_Eng.aac
File 2 output: MyFile2_track02.acc

As you can see the placeholder [LNG3] and it's separator are removed in the second case. This happens because you told MKVCLeaver that _ separator belongs to [LNG3] placeholder by using >.