View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:53   #7104  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviewatcher666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willobee View Post
Try adding MIN_M2TS_SIZE=700 to the BDREBUILDER .ini file. You can copy and past it from the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file. This should keep the menus from being re-encoded (I think this command means do not re-encode anything under 700 Mb). If you still have the problem try a larger number. I use this command this for all concert blu-rays because for some reason thier menus refuse to work after being re-encoded.
Hey Willobee,

I have been trying for weeks to get Groundhog Day Region A to work in my Panasonic BD-35. I ripped and transcoded as BD25 full disk and the studio logo would play but would go no further. It would not play the Blu-ray ad video or the menus.

I tried your trick above and lo and behold, my Panasonic will now play the BD25 complete with menus. All other movies that I have tried (except for Drag Me To Hell) worked so I could not figure out why Groundhog Day would not. Now I am going to try Drag Me To Hell with the same setting and see what happens.

So the Panasonic BD-35 is very picky about what get transcoded.

Thank you for your tip. I am very please that it worked.

Jdobbs, thanks again for the great program and all the hard work you are putting into it. A donation will definitely be coming your way.
From what I understand, Menus use a different MiniCR than the movie does. That may be causing the problem.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote