View Single Post
Old 18th December 2018, 11:57   #16481  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
Of course you are...

So how many movie length x265 encodes to you do ??

And I'm sure as hell happy I don't have to pay your power bill !!!!

Just imagine how much time (and money) you would save it RB didn't spend so much time gathering information & indexing & demuxing & remuxing, it would be nearly an hour per job.

For example, if I had a Job Queue that had multiple x265 jobs, and I set it going, it would take approx 30 minute before it would even think about encoding, then a day later (if you're lucky), it would then take approx another 30 minutes to mux it all back together, then on the next job....same again, so over several jobs, hours have been wasted doing nothing

Like I said in a previous post, MKVToolNix does it's job in minutes, admittedly there's no DE, or filtering, but if the movie quality is good, (and most 4K movie's are), why does RB have to pull it apart, and put it back together. That's what takes all the time (other than the encoding), and why that has to take so long, when the file is already "up to scratch".
The problem with you is that you do not see difference between simple remuxing (copying streams from one container to another) and re-encoding! (processing frames and encoding to reduce file size). You also do not understand simple things like why encoding 3840x2160 frames take 4 times more time to process/encode than 1920x1080. Next. You also use x265 which uses a lot more complex algorithms in order to increase compression efficiency than x264. If MKVToolnix offers so amazing "compression and speed" then what are you even doing here? Seriously! Your "frustration" comes mainly from lack of knowledge in this particular topic.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote