View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 02:38   #22  |  Link
Didée

Well, I tested a little around, too, and it has been interesting. Examined DV sequences were this one of yours, WorBry, and the one that Terka once peddled with. Then I looked at some of the notorious VQEG Test Sequences.

With map1742's script, there wasn't much noticeable improvement, the usual flicker just keeps being there. That's what I had expected. Flicker reduction only gets better when 'thSAD' for MVDegrain is cranked up to *very* high values, but then you start getting artefacts on moving objects.
Also I'm having an issue with DePanStabilize producing a green stripe beneath the right frame border, can't tell why. (Never used it before.)

The interesting part was testing TempGaussMC. I had expected all kinds of issues when throwing such a rather primitive brute-force processor at difficult content, but ... there are no serious ones! Just a slight loss of detail/shadings (and noise as well), but apart from that, it's very promising. In those parts where MCBob shines, it's quite close. And in those parts where MCBob fails, it's pretty good instead ...

This little plantlet must be cultivated. With some STT fertilizer and a few twists, it could become a strong one.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote