View Single Post
Old 15th June 2005, 21:24   #33  |  Link
xtknight

OK Doom9 I sent you a PM with the sample stdout interpreter/progress bar. It can update the status with either importing or writing (the only two I see when I mux video/audio). Enjoy. The path for muxing is hard-coded so when you integrate it you'll have to replace that obviously. For testing just specify the correct path for MP4Box and the MP4Box command line in the process.arguments. I don't know what was wrong with the StreamReader code you had but this class I got from CodeProject (http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/LaunchProcess.asp) seemed to do the trick, and it was easy as child's play from there.

On the left of my program's dialog it shows the actual stdout and on the right the interpreted form of it. Above both of those textboxes lies a label and a progress bar which also represent the status.

I also used the getLineType function among others from your program, and they include slight modifications.

Note: that CodeProject article says ReadToEnd() won't work because the status update in the GUI has to be synchronous and realtime with the external process's stdout. My testing seemed to confirm this.

Last edited by xtknight; 15th June 2005 at 21:40.
xtknight is offline   Reply With Quote