View Single Post
Old 18th August 2014, 00:35   #5  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You have replied to TheSkiller when I was typing my reply.

As I have explained above, the Source Picture Letterboxed flag usually doesn't work and is useless, and when it works, it doesn't change the aspect ratio of the movie. Ihe TV is supposed to zoom in the image to hide the black borders (if any), and nothing else. The image is not stretched horisontally or vertically.

Quote:
Stream 1
.... Type: Video
.... Codec: MPEG-1/2 Video (Mpgv)
.... Resolution: 720x480
.... Frame rate: 29.970029
.... Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV
There is no info about the aspect ratio here, so that doesn't mean that VLC considers the movie as 16:9 or 4:3. Anyway, VLC is probably the worst player to test a DVD. It is a good player except for the DVD, because it is not at all compliant with the DVD-Video specs. You should use another player, such as MPC-HC, to do your tests.

To patch the AR in the VOBs, use DVDPatcher. But I repeat that normally, it's not necessary (except perhaps for VLC). ;-)

Ignore the "The frame rate of the First-Play PGC is illegal" warning. It's a consequence of a little bug of many DVD recorders. The FP-PGC contains no video, and therefore many recorders assume that its frame rate is irrelevant, and omit to define it. But the DVD-Video Specs impose to define it. Hence the warning. Let PgcEdit fix it, and don't worry. (BTW, the warning about the number of streams is also due to a frequent little bug, without important consequences. You can also fix the problem and forget it.)

To create a new button, go to the menu editor. (Select the menu PGC, type Control-M to open the menu viewer, and click the Edit button. Then, use Button -> New button.) Be sure to fix the adjacent button links, and don't forget to assign and/or edit the colour scheme to make the highlight visible.)

Since your menu has already a lot of unused buttons, you can probably simply reuse one of them, as you have suggested yourself. To change the background, follow the instructions of one of the numerous guides on that subject. (I have typed "edit dvd menu background vobblanker" in Google and at least the 4 first hits should contain useful information.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th August 2014 at 00:42.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote