View Single Post
Old 10th December 2014, 12:43   #714  |  Link
romulous

Ok, here are some results.

.697: By default (no registry changes), same results as previously reported. Zoom Player opens but does not play the file (but you have to restart it to actually play any other clips as well, so it may in fact be a crash), and MPDN instantly hangs. Removing both external subs files removes both issues.

.697: With the registry change, both Zoom and MPDN seem to work ok. I think the subs show as well. The reason why I say 'I think' is that they look odd, they look more like closed captions to me - for example, at 00:40, the words (Indian Music Playing) appear, including brackets. That does not look like any subtitle I have ever seen, so I am not sure that the sample clip actually has them (another reason why I wanted bLight to test with the full file).

.705: This time, Zoom seems to actually use XYSubFilter instead of xyVSFilter, as does MPDN. Both players seem to work ok.

Those were my results. bLight's results were roughly similar. He reported - and this was something I had noticed myself - that when you reset XYSubFilter's config, many of the registry keys (including load_ext_list) are not regenerated until you open the XYSubFilter config dialog from the tray icon and click Ok (you don't need to change anything, you simply click Ok). I don't think that is ideal myself.

Anyway, he wanted me to ask you something: is it possible to ignore 'sub' extension if there is an 'idx' file in the same folder instead of fooling with the order in the registry? He believes that would be a more reliable fix. The problem we have now is that the current registry fix will only work for new users - ie people who do not have a current installation of XYSubFilter.

Last edited by romulous; 10th December 2014 at 12:51.
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote