View Single Post
Old 5th December 2022, 15:39   #19804  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
What about the speed?
What's the difference in speed between SMDegrain & MDegrain at those 3 settings you suggest?
Well, thing is, SMDegrain and MDegrain are so different from one another the speed should not be comparable. SMDegrain calls a lot more functions and I would think it would be vastly slower, but it's not. SMDegrain is comparable in speed to MDegrain. All depends on functions used.

Generally, and I don't know why, SMDegrain Light and Medium is faster than equivalent MDegrain. While SMDegrain Hard is about 20-30% slower than MDegrain. SMDegrain gives vastly improved visuals over MDegrain. Just as MDegrain gave huge improved visuals over HQDN3D.

Edit: blksize=8 drops the speed down by half, which is okay as it's processing four times as many blocks. I use this to prevent "blotchy" in content that the background is almost dark, or having two similar colors, such as in Untouchables, where Sean Connery is wearing a navy blue uniform at night on the bridge. Though I have to zoom up on the image to notice it.

Last edited by Ryushin; 5th December 2022 at 15:46. Reason: More Information
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote