View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 22:23   #57587  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMU View Post
Hello. In madVR devices->calibration set "disable calibration control for this display and check "disable GPU gamma ramps".
Can you check on your TV there is a choice of colour gamut (BT.2020 or DCI-P3) for AMD HDR?
Thank you.
There is a colour gamut optionb but its just normal or full, i'm guessing full is BT2020

A couple of other things:

- I'm not using the latest beta HDR stuff, just using stock MADVR v0.92.14

- I have passthru to display set and no other options set apart from send HDR meta to display

- i have calibration turned off and gamma ramps unticked.

- my TV behaves oddly when I set it to PC mode, colours are all off, i havent played with this for a while but thinking back I may have been getting something like you are, what is your TV set to as the input, mine is configured to just standard HDMI so not set to PC, bluray etc, try a different input name as this can actually change how the unput works, for instance when in PC mode a lot of my motion controls are disabled.

I gave my HTPC a thorough workout this weekend gone, watched loads of movies, SDR and HDR, not issues are at, no drops, repearts, black screens, crashes, odd colouration.