View Single Post
Old 16th January 2019, 16:56   #273  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
In the "job output" tool there's a button called "When finished…" with which you can tell the GUI to execute a pre-configured action after the currently running job (or the whole queue) has finished. Using that button is what I meant.

What you cannot do, at the moment, is go to the "job queue" tool and execute a pre-configured action from there, e.g. for a completed job.
Thanks for the clarification, now I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
For your use case I'd simply write a script that iterates over all files in a certain folder, uses "mkvmerge --identification-format json --identify currentfile.mkv" in order to query track IDs and properties and then calls "mkvpropedit currentfile.mkv --edit track:… --delete name --edit track:… --delete name…" for all tracks that do have names set. That's assuming all of your files for a specific season (or show) end up in the same folder, but no other files are present in said folder.
I've gone to "Preferences/Jobs & jobs queue/Executing actions/+ Add action", selected "Execute a program" and named it "ClearTrackName(s). My destination folder is "C:\Users\...\Desktop\MKVTempNix". I understand how a command line works, in its most basic sense, but not how to use it. That is, I can copy and paste your above text but don't understand how-where to place the folder path or how to call "mkvpropedit". I tried:

Code:
C:\Users\...\Desktop\MKVTempNix\mkvmerge --identification-format json --identify currentfile.mkv mkvpropedit currentfile.mkv --edit track:… --delete name --edit track:… --delete name…
but received a "Program execution failed" message.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote