View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2018, 04:17   #27987  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I get that. Some drives are better for CD (Audio) ripping than others. My ASUS BDs...not very good for it at all with CDs that *might* have some micro scratches. But my Sony DVD/CD drive does well with making attempts including passing C2 errors along via Easy CD-DA Extractor or Exact Audio Copy. Error reporting is what I meant by checking.

As for BD's..I have been reading about riplock..that's new to me. I guess I'm not well enough in the Know now these days. There's a slowing that happens when ripping is noticed with some drives. Looks like the Pioneers don't have it.

I wondered if those Ritek's are any good. Mostly I've been using Sony BD-RE's if we want to watch from BDs, and I've been wondering why they're Hit-N-Miss. I was buying Digitor for BD-Rs and they never fail, but the price was up a little more for the RE's by them than other BD-RE's... So, I avoided that route.

I took some Sony BD-RE's I've burned to someone I know who has the same LG player and they read pretty well. HMM!! I'm going to disassemble my LG player and clean the lens better than the CD cleaner does and check if that improves things.

I'll keep the Digistor and Ritek's in mind. Appreciate the reply.

Yep, that's where I'm heading.. I'm really thinking a combination of media and Optical drive are the problems here.

Great Tagline. Ha! Girlfriend said, "You have a B-day anniversary coming...so choose what you want to do." - Something I'm normally not at all interested in celebrating anymore; prefer every day being special rather than 1 or a couple through the year. But, she knows how to surprise and that can be very fun.

Appreciate the replies, all.
FWIW, I've always used basic LG BD burners and I've literally burned 1000's of blanks from Amazon, mainly the printable BD25's and I've worn out maybe 2 burners so far. I always buy the same brand, Optical Quantum 50 packs. I will typically go through several hundred without a hitch, and then once in a GREAT while, maybe I will have a pack where I have 2-3 coasters. They are generally about $21 shipped Prime in 2 days (or one day if you order a bit more )

***EDIT

Oh yeah, I forgot that once every few years or so I buy the same brand of printable BD-50's too. I just did a few days ago for the nice new 4k Remastered Studio Canal version of 'THE FOG' & the 4k versions of both '2001' & 'THE MATRIX' All burned just fine...

Last edited by Lathe; 3rd November 2018 at 04:24.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote