View Single Post
Old 9th March 2011, 21:42   #6987  |  Link
Cela

What really is significant to me is that Dean does not stop support and development of his outstanding, incomparable, unique multiAVCHD and that I am ready to add my share to help overcome the "Real world requirements..." (your words), which may prevent this since last September. What furthermore may be significant is that not a single person or a small minority of donators but, more probably, only the efforts of a large group of supporters, call them customers, could have a fair chance to make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latet View Post
Is there any alternative to multiAVCHD?

I've tested Sony DVD Architect Pro 5.0 but it crashes on importing some (not all) .m2ts files (just like Sony Vegas pro). This is serious problem for me. And also - it can't import .mkv files. Two good reasons not to like it.
I too cannot see any alternative to multiAVCHD out there. Certainly not in the price range or NeroVision, PowerDirector, Premiere Elements, Magix Video deluxe, etc. None of these accepts an equal variety of input media, none offers the variety of output options, allows user control to specific output file formats, bit rate settings, etc, offers comparable chapters, stream replacement, menu features, etc. Though some advertise their Smart Render abilities, in all my tests, each one of them insisted in heavy re-encoding of the same unchanged footage, even for small menu changes - instances where multiAVCHD never would re-encode! And I could not observe any real progress concerning the superfluous re-encoding orgy for years! So, there is NO adequate alternative, neither ready for use nor in sight!

Maybe my suggested product approach will turn out to be just as unsuccessful as the donation approach. Hope you find a better one. What will really count is that Dean will return at least part of his focus back to further support and development of multiAVCHD!

That's my final five cents...
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote