View Single Post
Old 20th July 2018, 14:16   #3121  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Got it. Do you have a small sample with AAC-LATM audio track?

Thanks

Bye
Sure, the link still works...
https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/KY10rZkC/file.html

It is not just this file, it applies to all captured files from stations which use AAC-LATM. About half of the public broadcasters in Germany use this audio format, the other half use E-AC3. Since you fixed A2D recently so it no longer confuses E-AC3 with standard AC3 these captures do work nicely with A2D.

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
When I said that mts files with E-AC3 audio tracks work nicely in A2D I forgot to mention that audio delay correction is a little bit tricky with such transport streams (could well be an issue with MediaInfo). The reported delay may be something like -1500 ms for both audio tracks. For a perfect result the delay correction for the first track (the one which is decoded with DirectShowSource) must be disabled. For the second track (the one which gets decoded by ffms2) the delay correction must be applied, but it needs to be reversed. So the "-" sign in the "DelayAudio" command has to be removed.

//EDIT2//
It gets even more confusing. The above behavior only applies when the A2D default settings are used, i.e. DSS2Mod/LavFilters for video, DirectShowSource/LAVFilters for the first audio track and FFmpegSource for the second audio track. If the user forces FFmpegSource for video and audio under "Preferences" then the audio delay correction must be disabled for both audio tracks. Weird...

Last edited by manolito; 21st July 2018 at 19:09.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote