View Single Post
Old 7th February 2018, 16:39   #15506  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Cropping manually in batch mode may be dangerous! You may easily crop to much!
I completely agree, but when I'm working with a batch of file with all the same crop it is nice to have them uniform. Sometimes the auto crop decides to under crop as well.
Currently, I'm working with some old DVDs and I'd rather over crop by 2px then under...trying for a simple 4px on the left and the right.

Another question,
I've been generating time codes for variable frame rate files manually for a while then importing them back into the encoded file afterwards. I've seen at least one other application do this automatically but it isn't as awesome as RipBot. This comes up with cartoons generally older ones, and/or on DVD. Often they are trying to save work by having 1 frame stay for longer or slow frame rate in spots, etc...

A batch to add timecodes looks like:
Code:
FOR %%A IN (*.mkv) DO "..\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "..\output\%%A" --timecodes "0:%%~dpnA.mkv.avs_timecodes.txt" "%%~A"
AVISynth Script for exporting timecodes from a file looks like:
Code:
video0 = FFVideoSource("C:\FileName.mkv", timecodes="C:\FileName.mkv_timecodes.txt")
Don't know if you can export timecodes from the source from MKVMerge directly? Just thought about it for the first time lol.

Last edited by byteshare; 7th February 2018 at 16:40. Reason: re-word
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote