View Single Post
Old 21st June 2018, 19:37   #51461  |  Link
brazen1

Nothing is perfect huhn. But most things are more perfect than their predecessors. I can assure you, I don't care what panel you purchase today or what it looks like out of the box. The difference is night and day compared to the B/W Zenith console of days gone by. To pick apart the imperfections of modern TV's compared to what they used to be is silly. To look at the two side by side, one would be considered perfect. I suppose in todays modern times, you could side by side compare a $75,000 commercial editing monitor next to your $10,000 retail OLED and gawk at how imperfect it is.

Most of us are already splurging a couple grand for a TV even though the money would be spent more wisely elsewhere. Not all of us are concerned about every conceivable drawback. We strive for the best perfection no matter what we have and madVR is a great tool that can be applied to any environment to make up for these imperfections. Some worse than others, some better. Even the studios post produce imperfections because nothing is perfect. A purists idea of perfection is unaltered. They love the inaccuracies. I don't and any chance to alter them to be less is closer to perfection in my opinion.

Audiophiles prefer vinyl depth and analog needles against plastic grooves bouncing up and down scratching the sound to a speaker. This is Alexander Graham Bell tech. It's been replaced. Is it perfect? No, but it's subjectively better. I had a blown injected 426 Hemi once that got 1/4 mile to the gallon. I thought it was perfect. Now I drive a Prius. A to B it's perfect.... unless you're in a hurry.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote