Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 29th June 2019, 00:15   #4771  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
Feel free to add this.
I feel like I need to fully understand the intricacies of it first before trying to do so. As I describe below, my grasp on it is pretty shaky. Even my last post about it I was really uncertain if I was confusing things.

Quote:
A long time ago i added the following

to http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Filter_SDK/CInvertNeg

But i forgot to add what happens if you use cdecl despite this. If you do, is the issue that you can't compile the plugin with MSVC then? Are there more issues?
It makes my head hurt every time I try thinking about it. I think I figure it out, then test it to find it's completely wrong, go back to what I thought I was doing before, and it's wrong too. And then I try to cool off for a couple days and approach it later, only to completely forget what I did a couple days ago. I suppose what it needs is a thorough, case-by-case test of the different possible configurations to see which instances are valid under which compiler (and which fail to build at all), and under which build of AviSynth+.

Not to mention the possible incompatibilities that might arise if the dev library of AviSynth is from a MSVC or GCC build, and then attempting to use that sort of plugin build with the AviSynth+ host built by the other. Because I think that might have been where I was hitting a snag when I was playing around with AVSInpaint before pinterf updated it.

Last edited by qyot27; 29th June 2019 at 00:18.