Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 29th December 2019, 23:03   #5016  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpower2 View Post
Hey guys! I just installed AviSynth+ v3.4 and I am looking for the pdb file to load symbolas for AviSynth.dll but unfortunately they are not included in the release assets.

Any chance one of the devs could upload them somewhere?

PS.
I am trying to debug a custom application that uses AviSynth, however currently it fails to clear the resources, specifically when trying to delete the environment pointer:

Code:
IScriptEnvironment* environment;
delete environment;
environment = NULL;
It used to work with previous versions of AviSynth and AviSynth+ but now for some reason it gets stuck in an infinite loop when executing the delete statement...

Edit:
For any guru out there that can understand assembly, the instruction that gets stuck is:

Code:
07333830  mov         dword ptr [ebp-48h],eax
Shouldn't you set environment to NULL before you delete it? I'm not surprised if it crashes when done the other way; I'm pretty sure I had to hammer such a case out of the FFMS2 C-plugin once after changing how the AviSynth library got allocated.

But anyway, the reason is that 3.4 was built as Release, no *.pdb files were generated at all. Also, the packaging in CMakeLists.txt doesn't copy them over to Output/ even if they are generated.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/01xgi9...191227.7z/file

The current git HEAD hasn't changed too much since 3.4, so here's a build with the *.pdb and *.ilk files included.