View Single Post
Old 26th June 2013, 00:32   #17516  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Ahhh, I see I didn't make that clear enough. I'm testing with The Mentalist S1D1 Ep1 DVD Imported. I agree about HD telecining.

For the DVD video, if Deinterlace is dis/enabled the speeds change with CRF MP4 output. However, if IVTC is active with Deinterlace on/off, the speeds are Always very slow. I've notice no speed change between 10 and 50 CRF. Is this suppose to be "Normal"? If IVTC is disabled, I notice speed differences. IVTC isn't needed with this DVD. Perhaps you may want to check that? BD-RB 44.14 is set to output to Alternate iPad MP4 SD 720..128 AAC..your default profile.

For fun, English Subtitles are enabled, but VLC isn't showing that they're in the container. FYI, I haven't, yet, had iTunes transfer any files to my iPad 2 to testing.
If IVTC is enabled, it is only used if the disc being processed is telecined. I'm certain about that -- because I scan for the flags myself. The exception is if you have IVTC_480i set. That flag tells BD-RB to inverse telecine regardless of the source. It should never be set unless you have a hard telecined source.

It's normal to see a speed drop when IVTC is being processed.

An MP4 can't handle PGC subtitles.