View Single Post
Old 26th August 2012, 17:58   #2104  |  Link
manolito

I just looked at davidcw's log file, and I believe that his problem comes from his max bitrate of 9000 kbps. If you add 1536 kbps for PCM audio you will be far beyond DVD specs.

From a recent post by TheSkiller:
Quote:
The highest bitrate for the video alone depends on the audio it will be muxed with. Maximum allowed combined bitrate of video+audio+subtitles is 9800 kbit/s.
So if you have a single 256 kbit/s audio stream for example, the theoretical maximum would be 9544 kbit/s for the video. But better don't use this value, as it's the very edge of what's allowed. I have done plenty 9200 kbit/s CBR encodes (audio 256 or less) and on many various players I have never had a problem. If I do VBR encodes I usually use a maximum of 9200 as well. Maybe 9300 or 9400 would work just as well but I'd rather leave a 200-300 kbit/s margin to the absolute max.
AVStoDVD has a default max bitrate of 9000 kbps which can only be modified in the registry. I believe that AVStoDVD should recalculate the max bitrate automatically according to the combined audio and subtitle bitrate. In the case of davidcw the max bitrate for HCEnc should be about 8000 kbps (including a little safety margin).

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 26th August 2012 at 23:17.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote