View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2019, 00:22   #206  |  Link
zorr

New release, new name! AvisynthOptimizer is called "Zopti" from now on. Why? 'Cause it supports VapourSynth as well, that's why. Download the version 1.0-beta here.

There's some other improvements as well, here's a complete list:
  • added support for VapourSynth scripts
  • Linux support (with VapourSynth)
  • added zoptilib python module to ease script writing
  • added support for VMAF output logs
  • improved heat map visualization:
    -updates optimization progress to title bar when using autorefresh
    -shows correct visuals also when smallest value is best
    -added latest results visualization
    -heat maps can be saved to image sequence with the -animation argument
    -initial window size scaled to full screen
  • improved scatter chart visualization:
    -improved zooming (-top)
    -better legend position when smallest value is best
  • uses resolve for initial population when using randomized arguments fails 100 times
  • more error handling options when script execution fails: new argument -errors with options:
    -stop (default, stops execution)
    -ignore (continues optimization)
    -log (continues optimization and logs errors into a separate error log)
  • checks that input arguments are all valid for the chosen -mode
  • improved error handling and error reporting in reverse polish notation parser
  • new option -priority for setting the optimizer process priority (on Windows only), options are:
    -"": same as /NORMAL, default
    -lowest: same as /LOW
    -lower: same as /BELOWNORMAL
    -higher: same as /ABOVENORMAL
    -highest: same as /HIGH
  • removed bias from the random number generation

A few notes about upgrading: I renamed the optimizer.ini to zopti.ini and the optimizer.bat to zopti.bat. If you already have the .ini you can just rename it to zopti.ini and it will work.

I have used the -priority option to set the thread priority lower because when VapourSynth/MVTools is running a heavy task the other programs can become sluggish with the default priority. Priority option is Windows only for now, Linux probably doesn't even need it.

The error handling options are useful when running the VapourSynth MVTools which is currently not as robust as Pinterf's version. With -errors ignore or -errors log you can keep running the optimization even when the plugin crashes. I still recommend running with the default error handling option (which stops the execution) unless you are expecting errors.

I will make another thread to the VapourSynth section to tell more about the VapourSynth-specific stuff.

Last edited by zorr; 3rd February 2019 at 00:36. Reason: Added version number
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote