View Single Post
Old 1st April 2020, 14:12   #4  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
I recently saw this post over at Extremetech.com and wondered if there was any video editors or upscale/denoiser gurus that might help the author out as he's a bit of an Avisynth noob and is after some pointers to make this upscale even better.
The upscale portion of his process isn't his problem. It's what he's feeding into it.

He has no clear stated goal. Is he trying to make 24p? 30p? 60p? VFR?

My understanding is that DS9 has telecined 24p and interlaced video mixed together in frames (where VFX is used). I don't know how you can fix that correctly unless you use masks & treat each portion separately which would be totally impractical because the mask would have to change on a per frame basis. Even then, what do you with the two halves to combine them? Only 120Hz video can contain both without judder or blending on either.

His audio problems make no sense. QTGMC doesn't change the duration of the video. It just doubles the frame rate. And, in my experience QTGMC will shimmer when used on telecined content, which is what he sees. It does do some noise reduction (not as good as MCTD) and it also sharpens the output (unless you explicitly dial it back).
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote