View Single Post
Old 18th June 2008, 00:36   #6  |  Link
gzarkadas

Well, since we both tend to defend our opinions with long explanations , I though it would be nice to save some time with a real experiment; I thus present NewScriptClip, a concept-check filter to see who is finally right on this issue (attached).

I have also made a test with a modified (again) version of our reccuring test pattern, see below:
Code:
LoadPlugin("newscriptclip.dll")

# 100 frames black + 100 white, to give predictable luma
BlankClip(100, pixel_type="YV12")+BlankClip(100, pixel_type="YV12", color=color_white)
NewScriptClip("""
  SubTitle(String(current_frame), y=10)
""")
Trim(50, 149)
NewScriptClip("""
  f1 = current_frame
  a1 = AverageLuma() # OK
  f2 = current_frame
  a2 = AverageLuma() # gives wrong value
  f3 = current_frame
  SubTitle("a1="+string(a1)+" a2="+string(a2), y=30) # shows a1 != a2
  SubTitle(String(f1)+","+String(f2)+","+String(f3), y=50)
""")
to verify that you are right and I was wrong (but I don;t care for this; its nice to be wrong when stating that something is costly to do ), at least about the feasibility of correcting this issue.

It remains to verify - because this is a very fresh alpha and in this part of the world is late at night and I won't do any testing till half a day at least - that the modded ScriptClip behaves correctly in normal situations (don't set show=true though; the implementation of this is a stub). A llitle help from the rest of the Avisynth community would be highly appreciated .

PS: If the modded implementation is proved to behave correctly in all respects, then IMO making current_frame a global would not be a problem to do.
Attached Files
File Type: zip newscriptclip.zip (21.6 KB, 76 views)