View Single Post
Old 12th January 2017, 16:17   #25475  |  Link
Torrentted84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
1. Yes, if you are using a target. But... since the bitrate is the same while the resolution is smaller -- it would be reasonable to say the quality would improve (assuming it isn't at/near its max).

2. Not currently.

Thanks for the information jdobbs about the bitrate. Thought that I consult the experts with this question

Quote:
Ah... careful with that screen name... I can see Ch3vr0n now, sharpening his daggers and knives and polishing his sniper rifle...

Heh, well what I do with my Xtras is that you can set an overall CRF value (as oppose to bit rate) for all Xtras. I have mine set at 24, which for Xtras I find is an overall good compromise. I mean, I LOVE the Xtras in films and if I really like the movie, I generally keep all the Xtras. BUT... in most cases we ARE talking about just interviews (maybe interspersed with film clips) and like you said, Bloopers, etc. So, to me it's not like the film itself where you have to sweat the quality so much.

So, what I would suggest is find a good compromise CRF value for Xtras (I think you set that in the hidden options and add to your ini file) so that you will get an acceptable overall quality for all Xtras and yet still save a good amount of space. Many times I've noticed recently even when I have Xtras that add up to say 5 Gigs and I have BDRB encode JUST the Xtras only to make a BD5 disc (AVCHD) and I set the quality for say 'Very Fast', since I've instructed BDRB to use the alternate CRF for Xtras, usually the disc will come out only about 1.75 - 2 Gigs as opposed to filling the BD5. At first, I was wondering why and then it dawned on me that BDRB was using the alternate CRF rate for the Xtras that I had set in the ini.

I hope that helps...
Thanks Lathe. I will definitely have a look at this.
Torrentted84 is offline   Reply With Quote