View Single Post
Old 24th October 2018, 10:25   #20  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Mani, I saw no mention of problems with specifically USB3.0, only USB 2.0 (in a link to MS site via your link), bit scary and seemingly still no resolution.

Anyways, not a surprise that NTSC produces problems, it is after all known as "Never Twice the Same Color", and makes for a lousy file system.

From the MS link (longish single page thread):- https://social.technet.microsoft.com...um=w7itproperf
On TeraCopy
Quote:
I also experienced the problem with Teracopy, when I enabled an option which is off by default: "use system write cache".
So suggests keep default switched OFF Bolded Teracopy option, otherwise same problem as in native copy.

EDIT: I downed Teracopy v3.2.6 from home site, seems that there is a v3.3 beta knocking about, did not see that on home site, suggest avoid.
I also downed TotalCommander 32 bit, as 64 bit was pinpointed in MS linked thread as more likely source of problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
I have Linux as my main OS (Fedora), but I do have virtual machines with Windows.
The first one is a clone-disk of my old Windows XP (I've been using it since 2002 and I moved it from hardware to hardware 'till now).
I use XP for pretty much everything, including Avisynth, and it has all the updates, a modified kernel and it's PAE aware (which means that can use up to 64GB of RAM, even though I have 32GB only and I assigned it 10 GB).
Would above suggest that your XP is 32 bit with PAE and also maybe Service pack 2 (or was it 1), I thought XP32 originally supported PAE
but supposedly because of possible bad drivers, M$ revoked PAE support. Perhaps you kept it at SP2(or 1) and just applied updates after that without the specific SP3 service pack (and without whatever quick fix that voided PAE). [Also, if above true, how do you avoid upsetting those programs that demand SP3+, simple reg hack perhaps]

EDIT: Just noticed that W7 is blocking downloaded files, Right click on properties and see
"Security: This files came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer",
will have to stop that,
Code:
Run
    GPEdit.MSC
        User Configuration
            Administrative Templates
                Windows components
                    Attachment Manager
                        Do not Preserve Zone information in file attachments    Enabled     # Stop file blocking

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 24th October 2018 at 11:26.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote