View Single Post
Old 28th November 2018, 21:21   #96  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun_Doug View Post

I tried the VS port of mClean and find it unusable. My observations are that the VS port is considerably slower and consumes a tremendous amount of CPU. The output was noticeably soft, almost as though everything was blurred because it was so soft. I use the default settings, same as I do for the AVS version. It saturated all cores on the PC and then was slow to step forward screen by screen. I'm using an I7-6850K with 6 cores, 12 threads. The VS port is not usable for me.
There been a few changes to mClean, I tried to get mClean into StaxRip when the script was first released. It would just crash StaxRip (Since the Script crashed VS forcing VS to kill it's Process). It was only recently added (about a month ago). Since it's finally in a state where it's usable.

mClean is actually more Usable in VS then AVS, Since Half the time mClean Script would just fail to load the dll recources. It's why you get a black screen or access error at times when using mClean.

Quote:
I'm using an I7-6850K with 6 cores, 12 threads
It's more dependent on System Memory & the Ghz feq of the CPU then the Core count(The Core Count Does Help, at some point your returns can become moot due to coding of the Encoder).
It's why you see an i7 out perform an i9 in Encoding area.

Certain Software Encoders only Support up to x amount of Cores. EX: HandBrake with Libs they use, Max usage is 6 Cores. Allot of features of HandBrake are just stuck in the past.

StaxRip Does not lock the core usage.

Quote:
Once you have the script done, use something like Virtualdub or Virtualdub2 to write the output file as an uncompressed (lossless) file. Yes, the output file will be large, perhaps 150 GB or more.
No Need to output into to uncompressed, Just use VDUb FrameServer Feature and import the vdr file into StaxRip.

It Fully works with StaxRip(Including Audio (Need to Enable Audio in the AVS Filter)).

-----

vdr is mainly designed for AVS Side, Since VS doesn't have any good audio filters to work with the Script.

Lastly don't forget VS has the ability to import AVS Scripts\filters into VS Script.

--------

Since Every source is unique you have to play around with the filters to see whats works.

Allot of times it becomes a Push & Pull situation. You may clean up one area but adds issues to a different area. Like Sharpeners adding Aliasing issues.

Don't be afraid to Convert it to 16Bit and use Dither Filters.