View Single Post
Old 16th February 2019, 01:18   #28361  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Just looked at your log again, if I read it right the encode failed 13 1/2 hours in?
Might be heat, clean up your bunnies and reconsider your tweaks, anal or otherwise, to ease up on your CPU.
Or just get a decent CPU
Yeah, I think you are right... My system has been on extreme borrowed time for the last few years now. Many times it will just freeze up and I hafta restart it a number of times, and then it will seemingly run just fine for quite a while, weeks sometimes, or even a month or two.

I use speccy to check the CPU temperature, although it almost always shows it much higher than other apps do, including my bios. It used to crank out these encodes over night every day without any trouble, but it could be getting worse now. I'll hafta wait until I can hopefully get the drop on some unsuspecting senior citizen right after they have cashed there Social Security check. THEN I could see about buying a new system. I've already looked into the CPU / MOBO / Memory. I already have 2 SSD drives and a new stronger PSU that I THOUGHT would help, but it doesn't really. I just need to get the stuff above and a nice new trick case and then that should hopefully do it.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote