View Single Post
Old 21st October 2007, 11:22   #117  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticE View Post
I'm finding 1.1.3 to be a bit confusing.
Very sorry: my purpose was to make GUI more friendly...

Quote:
I was hoping it would remember some of my settings, vid bitrate and Muxed MPEG2 Streams output (it does remember the audio bitrate)
As it is said in the History file, "Quality profile", "Max video bitrate" and "audio bitrate" are remembered. Not Avg video bitrate because it depends from input streams and DVD size choosen.

Quote:
It also took me a while to figure out why HCenc wasn't being used even though I picked it in settings, although the ability to quickly change to a quicker (with QUenc) encode from the main page has it's uses.
Yes, by choosing "Standard Quality" or "High Quality" profile, QuEnc is automatically used (1-pass); instead by choosing "Very High Quality" profile, the proper encoder specified in the Settings Window is used (QuEnc or HCenc or CCE SP, 2-passes). I find this change more intuitive and quick to setup project. Don't you?

However in the next release I'm planning to stop CCE SP support (is anyone still using it in AVStoDVD?), to include HCenc in the installer package and to use HCenc as unique "Very High Quality" encoder. What do you think?

Quote:
And for some reason the preview does not switch to 16:9 (it used to) when WS is chosen.
I will fix it in the next release.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote