View Single Post
Old 25th December 2016, 13:25   #41734  |  Link
Knight77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oguignant View Post
Merry Crhistmas too!!!

X-tended Dynamic Range PRO increases the quality of HDR and even non-HDR content by revitalizing every scene with the widest range of brightness possible. It goes in tastes. I prefer not to use any image processing on the TV, it always makes it look artificial.

As for Color Space, you can leave it in Auto if it works correctly. If you use bt-2020 or DCI with encoded content for view bt-709 content, you will see some saturated colors.

The new video standard for Ultra High Definition content is BT.2020 (colors closer to reality)
The BT-2020 color standard lets you display about 3/4 of the visible color spectrum. The video standard for HD content (BT-709 Standard) only reproduces 30% of the spectrum reproduced by the new standard for 4k/UHD BT-2020.

DCI is the one that will be implemented the soonest, and it represents the basic color requirement of the HDR spec. To meet the minimum HDR requirements, a TV must be able to display over 90% of the DCI color space.

The main difference between DCI and bt-709 (the current standard color space) is that DCI can display many more tones of green, though there is also a slight expansion to the number of red tones. The number of blue tones was unchanged. Altogether, it covers just over half of the visual spectrum, and will provide a pretty significant increase in picture quality over bt-709, which covers only about 35% of the visual spectrum.

Hope this can help you!
Thank you very much!

Well I guess I'll leave XDR on Off and Colour Space on Auto.

I read everywhere (AVSForum+AVforums) that with the current content is better to leave XDR off but well I wanted to be sure, anyway I also prefer to do not use much processing.

About the Colour Space I got that BT2020 will be used mainly with UDH content...bTW with the normal 1080p Serials and movies I guess we're still with REC709, what about the UHD content "coming" for Nextfilx and Amazon ?

Thank you again!
Knight77 is offline   Reply With Quote