View Single Post
Old 17th February 2007, 14:06   #3  |  Link
arnezami

Advanced AACS Topics

Here I would like to write about certain advanced AACS topics. So I reserved this post for that puspose (because I suspect I need a lot of space and I think its a good idea to put it right after the above explanation so we keep it organized).

The topics I'm currently thinking of are these:

Processing Keys can be different for every movie

This is about the value of the Processing now and in the future. There are ways the AACS LA can issue MKBs in such a way that each disc/movie will have to use a different Processing key thus making a Processing Key in the future much less valueable. However this is really an advanced topic which requires a thourough analysis of what can and can't be done. Its very interesting in itself.

There is also some doubt why the AACS LA hasn't used this techinque. Its possible there was too little time for them to do this properly, or they simply don't understand it themselves. Either way they screwed up by not making use of it in the first place and are not even willing to admit it (when looking at the latest "press release").

Squence Keys and tracing

This is all about sequence keys, segments etc. Currently this isn't used on any of the discs found so far but it may be in the (near) future. This is also an advanced topic so I put it here. There is a lot to be understood about this technique and therefor much to explain.

And maybe there are other advanced topics I haven't thought of. I will see when I have time to write about these subjects.

Last edited by arnezami; 18th February 2007 at 21:35.
arnezami is offline   Reply With Quote