View Single Post
Old 7th January 2015, 02:49   #1  |  Link
hbenthow

Best multiAVCHD Blu-ray subtitle settings?

I'm planning on converting some HD video files to Blu-ray format with multiAVCHD, and have most of what I need to do figured out. However, one problem remains. I don't know the optimum subtitle settings. I tried a test run, and when I played the resulting Blu-ray structure back, while the video and audio seemed fine, the subtitles didn't work right. They would pop up for a split second, then disappear before I could read them. And from what I could see of them, the size and/or font didn't look quite right to me. Also, while I had selected "Force display of first subtitle track" (as the first track is for just those scenes where characters speak in another language, and thus should be "forced"), when I played the Blu-ray folder back, the first track was not forced, and I had to turn it on. But that may just have been the fault of the program I used to play it. I'm not sure.

Does anyone know what are usually the best and most aesthetically-pleasing settings (tick-boxes, numbers, font, etc) for subtitles in multiAVCHD? (Note: the subtitles for the files I wish to convert to Blu-ray are in SRT format.) Here is a photo of all the subtitle options in multiAVCHD for reference:

hbenthow is offline   Reply With Quote