View Single Post
Old 21st March 2014, 22:35   #19594  |  Link
Lathe

'New' multiple M2ts files...

I was just now backing up a new Blu-ray which is about 45 Gigs. I noticed now while I am running BDRB that there are like 90 M2ts files! I'm SURE that this is part of all this new fangled attempts at copyguard encryption. I already HAVE used AnyDVD to rip the Blu-ray to my HDD and I am currently using BDRB to render it to a single layer BD.

I'm just thinking though, aren't MOST of these li'l buggers just repeated scenes and filler to screw us up when we try to back them up for ourselves? Does BDRB actually 'KNOW' how to weed out all that extraneous garbage so that it doesn't use up half the disc on all this useless stuff?

I sure do long for the 'good old days' when you could SEE the main movie file and know that it was maybe 30 Gigs or so and you pretty much tell what all the other stuff is. But now, you have 90 files!

I apologize for being so long winded, but I guess my question is, are all these Gigs of 'padding' going to hurt and really take away from the space allocated for the actual movie and normal extras and stuff. I think that this happened once before where it just took ALL this, all 45 Gigs of it, and compressed it along with everything else. I sure hope not because that is SERIOUSLY wasting space that should be reserved for JUST the movie and extras and NOT 15 Gigs of worthless padding!

I appreciate any thoughts on this...

Thanks!

Last edited by Guest; 23rd March 2014 at 20:20. Reason: 4: no profanity
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote